Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Frozen Shapes

I receive an E-mail newsletter from, Play-Activities.com where I saw this idea. I thought it would be neat to try so I’m posting it.


Frozen Water Shapes

Materials:
Various size balloons
Food coloring
Eye droppers
Large container for water play


Preparation:
1. Select different shaped balloons
2. Fill with water
3. Put in freezer for a few days
4. After they are frozen solid- cut away the balloon, leaving the shape.

Ideas:
Put the ice shapes into the large container. ( baby bath, paddling pool or water table)
Allow them to drop the food colouring onto the ice and watch the colors change.

Good For:
Hand - Eye Coordination
Experimentation
Creativity

You could also do this with different shaped ice cube trays.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are the winner of the Kids World Exploration Lesson Plan CD. You will be getting an e-mail shortly.
    Learning and Teaching with Preschoolers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just dropping by to let you know Ive passed on a Versatile Blogger award to you, I really enjoy reading your posts :-)
    http://alittlelearningfortwo.blogspot.com/2010/11/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them all and I appreciate each one. I often reply to comments so feel free to check back for a response.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates