Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Surprise Visit

During my short break yesterday, I went over to the infant room. I wanted to stop in to say hi to the babies. When I walked in, Crawling Baby crawled over to the gate, started to stand up and reach his arms up for me to pick him up. I picked him up over the gate and gave him a hug. I told him he was my buddy and asked how he was doing. Then we went to play. The first thing he did was stand on his own for a few seconds before falling. We walked around the room a couple of times. He stopped to look at a truck. While he was busy with that, I walked around the room to talk to the other babies. Baby J was busy with his bottle. There’s a Baby M who I don’t get to see often because he’s usually not there on Wednesdays, but I stopped to say hi to him. He was babbling to himself while in the jumper. Baby C was sitting in a play pen type thing surrounded by soft toys. We looked into this mirror with soft edges. It was pretty big so Baby C liked looking at that for a few seconds. She was playing with a big plush frog, but she wanted to be picked up so I picked her up and talked to her for a few minutes. I was running out of time so I looked for Baby L, but he had left early. I felt bad because Baby C started to cry and I wanted to see Crawling Baby again before I had to leave. Luckily, they were warming up Baby C’s bottle and I sat with Crawling Baby for another couple of minutes. We looked at the truck and I started to play a game with him where I rocked him back and forth. He’d laugh because sometimes I’d pick him way up in the air. He likes games like that with some form of surprise. They always make him laugh or smile. He’s easily entertained. Then I had to get back to the toddlers, but it was a nice little break.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love visiting the babies when I worked in day care - I had the toddler room just like you. Sometimes I'd even kidnap a baby or two and take them into the staff room when I had lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them all and I appreciate each one. I often reply to comments so feel free to check back for a response.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates