Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pink Raspberry Play-dough

I am behind on my blog posts, but am hoping to post some of the activities I’ve done over these past couple of months. During the month of February, I made raspberry play-dough for Valentines. The more obvious choice was chocolate, but I had already done that for the month of January. The raspberry smelled good and came out a pinkish reddish color.

Here is the recipe that I used.

  • 2 cups flour,
  • 1 cup salt,
  • 2 table spoons vegetable oil,
  • 2 table spoons cream of tartar,
  • 1.5 cups boiling water
  • A few drops of raspberry extract,
  • A couple drops of red food coloring.
  • A few drops glycerin.
  • 1. Mix dry ingredients.
  • 2. Stir in oil.
  • 3. Add water and mix until lumps are gone and it comes together.
  • 4. Then kneed. Add scent, food coloring and or glycerin for shininess at kneading stage.

Store in an air tight container.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! I read them all and I appreciate each one. I often reply to comments so feel free to check back for a response.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates